Flowering for several months, Viola Teardrops is incredibly prolific and will produce masses of dainty flowers in a mix of gorgeous and eye-catching colours. Ideal for ground cover and hanging baskets in time they will cascade over the edge for a stunning displays that start in September and last all the way through to March.
What Is Supplied
Item 401233 supplied as:
Supplied as a 10 x garden ready plants, reasy to plant straight out in Autumn.
Plant Care Information
- Unpack plugs immediately and stand them in water for an hour. If you canít do this, they can sit in their mini greenhouse for a week if upright and not too wet.
- Plugs may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but theyíll quickly recover.
- Put them somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When potting on, handle plugs carefully. Pot on using our 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays, using good multi-purpose compost.
- Alternatively, plant straight into baskets and grow on for a week or two before hanging up.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry. They donít like to be left in standing water.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow.
- Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.
- Dead head when flowers fade to encourage more flowers.
- Regular maintenance and watering are essential to grow fabulous baskets that last the whole season.
- Check and water baskets every day in summer, (unless the compost is wet).
- Aim to keep the compost moist but not soggy and avoid wetting the foliage and flowers.
- From March to June, apply a general-purpose liquid fertiliser once a week.
Pruning and Trimming:
- Deadhead and trim your plants regularly to maintain shape and encourage new flowers.
- Do not allow plants to set seed.
Fully Grown Plant Dimensions (approx)