The ’Neptune’ is a beautifully bushy perennial of aromatic green-grey leaves that sit below eye-catching lavender-blue floral spikes during the summer months.
This low-maintenance perennial thrives in full sun and should be planted in moist and well-drained soils. Extremely versatile, it will stand out in most situations from, borders, cottage gardens and even gravel gardens and typically grows in clumps that spread up 90cm tall and 45cm wide. The interesting blooms are very attractive to wildlife such as butterflies and hummingbirds.
Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come.
Supplied as an established plant in a 9cm pot, ready to plant.
What Is Supplied
Item 561160 supplied as:
Supplied as an established plant in 9cm pots
Cut back once the flowering has finished if you want to keep the plant compact.
- Position in full sun or partial-shade and grow in moist but well-drained soil.
- May need support in windy conditions to prevent it from flopping over.
- Prefers fairly dry conditions
- It should be cut back after flowering to keep it compact and encourage second flowering.
- Insert sticks into the soil to prevent cats from flattening the plant.