Create a display that will leave visitors to your garden speechless by using this prolific, but striking, flowering Dianthus Gem.
Boasting a compact and dwarf growing habit, this will produce a mix of red, pink, purple and white blooms, which sets well off the contrasting green foliage.
This is an ideal choice for your beds and borders and will particularly enjoy a sunny spot in your garden, where it can really thrive and become a really talking-point of your wider display.
Delivered as a pack of 60 plugs, ready to pot on and plant out.
What Is Supplied
Item 401164 supplied as:
60 x Pro + Plugs
Leave to grow on a windowsill or in your greenhouse (if you have one) for around a month before planting
- Give your plugs a little attention on arrival - unpack them immediately, and either mist them or stand them in water for an hour - they may be slightly dry or yellow after being in a dark box in the post, but theyíll quickly recover.
- If you canít do this, they can sit in mini greenhouses for a week if upright and not too wet.
- We recommend that you leave them to settle for a day somewhere warm, light and airy such as a windowsill or greenhouse.
- When you're ready to pot on, use a good quality, multi-purpose compost, and fill 3-4in pots (7-10cm). For great results, we recommend using our Windowsill Planters or 9cm pots in Shuttle Trays.
- Make a hole in the compost with a dibber or your finger, then holding each plug by its root ball, place it into the hole and gently firm the compost around it.
- Give your plants a good water initially, then only when the top compost starts to dry as they donít like to be left in standing water.
- Grow on either on a bright windowsill or a greenhouse for 3-4 weeks before potting up into containers or into flower beds.
- If planting directly into flower beds when all risk of frost has passed, prepare the ground well, removing weeds and digging in some compost or well-rotted manure if your soil is not already rich.
- Plant approx. 20cm (8in) apart to allow them room to grow. Feed using a high-potash feed such as Blooming Fast Superior Soluble Fertiliser for Flowers & Fruits, to encourage flowering.