The Buddleia 'Butterfly Candy Little Ruby' is made up of compact and perfectly formed, patio butterfly bushes that are guaranteed to add some late summer colour and gorgeous fragrance to your floral displays with their intense flower spires.
The short stems and compact growing habit of this gorgeous 'Butterfly Candy' collection make these patio buddleias ideal for growing in smaller gardens, or pots and containers around your patio or decking area. Busting into life in July, the beautiful ruby-red blooms will last through to the start of autumn where the brightly coloured spires of tiny flowers will light up your patio pots or mixed borders.
These compacts buddleias are winter hardy and very easy to grow - just plant them in a sunny spot in the garden where they will thrive. Plus, their masses of brightly-coloured, fragrant flowers are adored by many beneficial pollinators and will attract clouds of butterflies and bees to your garden.
What Is Supplied
Item 511280 supplied as:
1 x 9cm Pot
Buddleia plants are low maintenance, but they do benefit from pruning in early spring to maintain a nice compact plant.
- Plant Buddleia in garden borders in any moist, well-drained soil, in full sun or semi-shade.
- Ideal in patio containers using soil-based compost such as John Innes No.3.
- Prune Buddleia in March, once the hardest frosts are over, as the new growth begins to show.
- Firstly, remove any dead, diseased, damaged, or weak stems, before pruning all off the remaining stems back to form a low framework.
- Drought tolerant once established.